Walking is such a simple yet effective form of exercise not just for the body but for the mind.
Walking is a great way to be somewhere and nowhere at the same time. A moment with yourself. There’s nothing a power walk in fresh air cannot solve.
Reasons you should consider taking a walk right now……
- It’s an incredible step towards a healthier life. Walking for the sake of walking makes you energetic, active and refreshed.
- Inspiration will come to you. I can’t count the number of poems and song ideas have come to me while on a walk. So whatever it is you need inspiration with it will come to you.
- Being in nature is a form of accessible therapy, a cathartic tool you carry with yourself wherever you go.
- You will feel more aware, more present in your body.
- It is a sensual experience, you can feel the wind in your hair, the sun on your cheeks, the drizzle on your skin, the grass beneath you, you can smell the flowers or the petrichor if it has just rained, you can listen to the sound of the birds and obviously see all the little pretty things nature has to offer each day.
- Zone out, I used to walk just to listen to music, and listen to music just to walk, It is a great way to zone out and decompress.