This is the month of indulging in the sweetest things. During the holiday season we indulge more than usual, sometimes it makes us feel guilty for going overboard on alcohol, chocolate and Christmas treats.
You don’t have to quit those holiday delights if you can manage the consumption a bit better. We all deserve the holiday sweetness, especially these days.
The worst thing about holiday eating is the guilt and the lethargy that can come with it. It can put us in a rut of not living our best healthy life.
Here are little changes you can incorporate to have guilt-free holiday sweetness.
- Don’t skip out on exercise at least not everyday. If you are not in the mood to do any exercise on a specific day. Go for a walk.
- Make green tea a post meal beverage. Green tea is an incredible source of antioxidants.
- Have hot water with lemon. First thing in the morning. This is a good habit to have in general. It is a great detox drink and improves digestion and gut health.
- Follow a 60% healthy 40% indulgent ratio. Indulging is not always bad as long as you still have an overall healthy lifestyle. It’s when we go overboard on indulging it becomes a problem. This is a good ratio during the holidays to at least eat healthy 4 to 5 times a week and you can have your 1 or 2 cheat days.
- Dance. If for some reason this time of year you want to change up your exercise routine. Dance. Dancing is a great form of exercise but at the same time when we dance it doesn’t feel like we’re working out because dancing is fun. It also puts us in a celebratory mood with all the happy hormones. Great way to get in the holiday spirit.
Indulgence always feels better when there is no guilt attached with it.
Different things and different practices work for different body types. As always you should keep your physical health and happiness in mind.
2 thoughts on “How to remain healthy during the holiday season”
I swear by Green Tea! Thanks for sharing!
Same! Thanks for reading. 🙂