For me the joy of Winter is in the things we do to bring the lost warmth. Lost warmth poured into a cup. Lost warmth that comes in the form of Christmas lights. Or the soothing melodies that warm the soul on a cold Winter’s night.
Here’s a winter playlist that I really hope makes you feel as warm and cozy as it makes me feel. I hope you like it. I have picked songs that cover all facets of winter, the blue, the warm, the festive and the pensive.
The Winter Playlist Painted Blue
All these tracks are not specifically about winter but they have a vibe that immediately fits with winter. A blue mood, with melancholic lyrics, melodious warm voices which contrast with a cold winter’s day.
- Solitude- Billie Holiday
- Good Morning Heartache- Billie Holiday
- Cry Me A River- Julie London
- California Dreamin’- Nancy Sinatra
- Old Money- Lana Del Rey
- Nights In White Satin- The Moody Blues
The Winter Playlist To Feel Warm
Of course warmth is a temperature, an immediate feeling of physical comfort. But warmth is also in a voice, in words, in melodies. Anything which soothes you has a warmth at its core.
Winter’s can send shivers to your mood too, and wrapping yourself in cashmere won’t be enough to escape those moody days where you just don’t now what to do to feel better. On days like these a peppy, warm, soft and sensual playlist can instantly enhance the mood. Again these songs are not all about winter but I often listen to them in winter and it makes me feel warm.
- A Bushel And A Peck- Doris Day
- Time After Time- Margaret Whiting
- Warm In December- Julie London
- Can’t Help Falling In Love- Elvis Presley
- Moon River- Audrey Hepburn
- I Will Follow You- Ricky Nelson
- Cheek To Cheek- Fred Astaire
- Jardin D’hiver- Henri Salvador
The Festive Winter Playlist
Now for the festive, the happy, the cheerful holiday playlist. We can all use the happy tunes right about now.
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas- Frank Sinatra
- Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!- Dean Martin
- White Christmas- Bing Crosby
- The Christmas Waltz- Frank Sinatra
- Sleigh Ride- Ella Fitzgerald
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree- Brenda Lee
- Jingle Bell Rock- Bobby Helms
- Michael Bublé – Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
The Moody Winter Playlist for Pensive Minds
When Christmas is over and New Year’s too, the winter feels worse, colder, longer, harsher. It can send some people into a very lonely mood. On the coldest days it can feel like there’s nothing warm to hold on to. But there’s always something warm. On days like these I become very pensive, thinking about random things very deeply. Thinking about nothing and everything.There needs to be a playlist to go with that. Not all of these tracks are about winter but this following one is a mood playlist. A mood that creeps up on me often in winter. As it does for many people.
- The End Of The World- Julie London
- Ain’t No Sunshine- Bill Withers
- Moonlight Serenade- Glenn Miller and Orchestra
- I’m A Fool To Want You- Billie Holiday
- Dream A Little Dream of Me- Doris Day
I really hope you check these out and I hope they bring you warmth and I hope it fills your home with light and melody.
Merry Christmas! 😀
I hope you like these suggestions. If there are any specific songs that set the mood for your winters. Please mention them in the comments. I would love to listen to them. Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!