We all need to check our progress every now and then. To make sure we’re on the right track. Lately, I’ve been feeling lazy and jaded and it’s very tempting to just give in to that and lose all progress but it’s not worth it.
Maybe you kept some resolutions that already fell through? or maybe you’re on a roll and you’re doing good. Or maybe you haven’t done anything different during this first month in 2021.
Whichever place you’re in. It’s all fine. But we do need to check with ourselves if we’re on the right track.
Here are a few things that I will do today as this first month is over. And I encourage you to try it.
- Write down the most productive thing you did this month. If you didn’t do anything productive in January it’s fine. Take a deep breath.
- Write down about the moment you felt happiest.
- Say goodbye to this month. Don’t be hard on yourself if your resolutions fell through. When we’re hard on ourselves we hinder our own progress. This pattern will likely continue if we don’t give ourselves some tenderness. Be light and kind especially to yourself. “Say it’s okay. I can change it. I’m motivated.”
- Write down a new good habit you’d like to have for the rest of the year.
- Note what motivates you. It is easier to make life changes if you’re truly motivated and willing.
- Go for a walk, clear your head and think about what you could do that will impact your life in a beneficial way.
- Tell yourself- ‘New month and New day’ “I can do it.”
Happy Sunday. Take care.
Please share in the comments about any new habits you’re working on having.