Everything these days is very unnerving, scary and anxious. And while it is important to be aware of these feelings and important to feel them. It can get so overwhelming to read everything that is going on and find yourself in a downward spiral of fear and sadness.
Our fear isn’t going to help to make the situation better. Precaution and safety will.
But at the same time it is important to re-shift the focus and give yourself a little break, give yourself a little calmness, laughter and joy. You deserve it.
Obviously this is not to say that ignore everything but maybe press a snooze for a little while to re-focus on other things for the sake of your mental health and wellbeing.
The anxiety and fear isn’t going anywhere but happiness does go away with fear.
So here are a few things you can do today to just be- calm and still.
- Meditate- Meditate anywhere, anytime, anyway you’d like. Just for 5 minutes.
- If possible leave your phone alone for an hour and do something else, anything, reading, singing, painting, gardening.
- Watch something hilarious- a comedy movie or anything that will bring a smile to your face.
- Tell yourself that you are not alone in this.
- Do one thing today that brings you the most joy in life.
Along with your physical wellbeing take care of your mind too.
Be safe, Wear a mask, Take precautions, Take care and Try to remain calm.