We are all familiar with that voice in our heads that only has unkind words, a demotivating voice with a way to ruin our lives.
Think about this anytime you plan to start a new project, activity that you are excited about there is that voice in your head that tells you to give up.
You could be so excited and inspired and even doing well, but then that voice comes back and ruins everything.
But don’t worry everyone has gone through this.
Here are a few things to remember.
1. There is no reason to be scared of the voice. By being afraid-You give it power.
2. Don’t try to resist it. It gets stronger.
3. It’s easy to say acknowledge the voice and then let it go. But let’s be real that is easier said than done isn’t it? Yes acknowledge it but don’t beat yourself up if you can’t let it go. It takes practice and determination. And you maybe in the process of developing that determination. So keep going. Acknowledge that the thought is something you need to beat.
4. There are times when you feel you’ve made progress. And then that inner demotivating voice gets stronger. But remember it’s getting stronger because you are progressing So,it is trying to break you. Remember the progress and focus on that.
When this happens tell yourself the following things.
I must be progressing. I’ve almost won. I’m stronger than that voice. I can control my life.
5. Remind yourself that, that voice is not you. It is a part of you. You are so much more. It is a part of you that you can control. So, keep going. You’ve got this.
We just have to get out of our own way. Most of the stuff you tell yourself is what is hurting you. Because that self-depricating voice makes us give up even before we have started.
All of this is easy to write. I know. But I struggle with this too. Everybody does. That is why we have to remind ourselves to get out of our own way.